Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Too many to choose...

We are going across to London for a wedding this weekend, and, in my now traditional manner, I went to Flickr Maps (http://www.flickr.com/map/) to see if there were any interesting places near our hotel that would warrant a quick look-see...

We are staying near Bayswater and even at the second most "zoomed" in setting, there were nearly 2,500 photo's to look at.

I took a quick look at some of them but was quickly put off wading through the rest by the sheer banality of the majority of them. Now, it's not a criticism of the photo or photographer, I have many such photos in my photostream, but an indication of the flood of digital information that is just going to get bigger and will need to be sorted and winnowed out to be of any use to anyone.

Luckily, Flickr has the option to filter by Group, Person or date.

As I am a member of the London Group - not sure how you would do this otherwise - join the group I suppose...

I used that and reduced the volume to 76...

A quick look at some of these and I am much happier... there certainly seems to be city and park ones very close by which should keep me busy!


(I want a) Home in Paddington


A Brand New Day


(and strangely both photos above were taken by Spaniards....)

Obviously there'll be a wedding too!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home